Saturday, May 23, 2015

There is NO excuse or defense for Josh Duggar's criminal acts

If you think there is a so-called Christian defense or good excuse for Josh Duggar molesting his sisters -- or anyone else -- then you should re-examine a lot of things about yourself.

As a survivor of childhood abuse by my ex-stepfather, Donnie L., and having some in my family and some of our family friends refuse to believe me or just ignore it and go on about things without addressing it, I can tell you that it damages a person for the rest of his or her life, in subtle ways and not-so-subtle ways.

There is NO excuse for sexual abuse or mistreatment of a child -- and certainly NOT because the perpetrator is a Christian. Because, hey, I can tell you if the perp was a pagan or an Atheist (or anything other than a Christian), people would be calling for his or her head on a stick.

Listen, there are overwhelming numbers of Christian criminals in prison. Atheists account for a tiny percentage -- look it up! So, just because you are Christian, it doesn't mean there's any special defense or excuse for that type of heinous behavior. Again, I can think of NO EXCUSE or reasonable defense.

I also do not buy that he simply 'made a mistake.' Making a mistake is giving in to peer pressure from your friends and cheating on an English pop quiz worth 10 points. Sexually molesting not one, but more than one person -- and your sisters, at that -- is in no way a mistake. If you think that, you need to examine your morals and/or ethics.

Or maybe it would be okay if Josh Duggar molested YOUR own kids? Yeah...how would you like that, and would you see it as a mistake? If you're a mother, I hope like HELL you don't answer that question with anything other than a NO. Because if anybody ever hurt my kids (and mine are grown now), they'd have to get a cell ready for me, because I would be one hellacious Mama Bitch on hot wheels going after the person or persons responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment