Friday, April 24, 2015

Freelancing for nearly eighteen years -- already?

Just realized that, in three weeks, I will celebrate 18 (yes, that's EIGHTEEN) years as a freelance writer, editor, and writing instructor. In May 1997, I left my job in municipal government, where I worked in utility billing AND the police department, to set out on my own.

One of the best perks of freelancing is that I am able to set my own schedule. That made it easy for me to attend my kids' school and extracurricular events. BIG plus. I think it made a difference in their lives (at least I hope it did).

It has NOT been easy. I wouldn't recommend it for most people, in fact. However, it's been rewarding, surprising, and unpredictable (in good ways and bad -- but mostly good!)

Hardest job you'll ever love, methinks. Where does the time go?!

No comments:

Post a Comment