Monday, January 5, 2015

Things other people like or understand, but I do not

There are many times when I just don't get the attraction of certain things the majority of people (or a large share of them) enjoy. Examples: "Seinfeld," "Friends," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," and various talent competition shows like "American Idol," "The X Factor," or "The Voice," etc. And if you ever catch me watching "Duck Dynasty" or "Honey Boo Boo," lop off my head. Yes, I know the latter is cancelled, and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Obviously, to each his or her own, but the one that surprises me the most is my "Meh" reaction to "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel." I tried, but I can't get into them. By all indications, you'd think I would. But I don't. *shrug*

I'm also a bigger fan of "Torchwood" than I am "Dr. Who." Yes, I DO like "Dr. Who," but something about "Torchwood" resonates with me more. Perhaps it's John Barrowman's FINE ASS. And yes, I *know* he's gay. He makes me want to be a gay man. That man is HAWT.

Speaking of hot men, David Tennant is a hot little toddy as well. I loved him in the remake of "Fright Night." Initially I was opposed to remaking that movie, but I saw it and approved. As if Hollywood cared, right? ;-p

To be fair, I'm sure many people don't get my rabid interest in corvids, slinkies, collecting coffee cups, the paranormal, exorcism, sociopaths, smoking pipes, eye patches, vintage candy (like red wax lips or Mallo Cups), spontaneous human combustion, Dr. Demento, peeling dried glue off the palms of my hands, hentai*, pretty male Japanese rockers who sometimes dress like women, or any number of other odd things. Yes, I've a weird bent to my personality. However, after five decades on this planet, that won't change in the future. I'm likely to get stranger!

*Please, don't ask me what hentai is; if you're over 18, look it up.

This is yet another entry in Bev's "what you didn't care to know about, but she told you any damn way."

No comments:

Post a Comment