Monday, August 28, 2017

[DNA Ancestry/Genealogy] My South Asian DNA: Kalash / Sindhi from Pakistan

Found out about WeGene on a genealogical/DNA ancestry FB group. WeGene parses out any Asian ancestry in your DNA; I already know I have a small amount of DNA from South Asia (Pakistan), as uncovered by all the other programs I've explored (GEDMatch, DNA Land, 23andMe, etc.). Not surprisingly, WeGene also confirmed it with their results.

It's hilarious to see this HUGE mass of Northern European ancestry in my DNA, and then a small circle from South Asia.

I remember in 2013 when I received my 23andme results showing a small amount from South Asia and I thought, "Whaaaat?!" I'd love to know the story behind all it, such as the names of my ancestors from Pakistan and what their lives were like.

This is why people CANNOT say, "Oh, I'm pure white." Nope...no such thing, folks. Once we all learn we are related to one another (if you go back far enough), then you realize we are all in this together on this roller coaster ride called life, and that there is no place for racism – period.





No comments:

Post a Comment