Sunday, June 7, 2020

Unapologetically Calling Them Out

For people who are upset that I called them out on their behavior during this time of protests and civil unrest, understand that If I let that shit slide, then in my mind I am complicit and that is what led all of us here. If you are racist, I do not want to be connected with you. Go away and work on evolving toward being a decent human being.
  • * Racism & white supremacy is NOT a difference of opinion. You like mustard over mayo? THAT is a difference of opinion.
  • * Police brutality is NOT okay.
  • * Murder by cop is NOT okay.

If 100 so-called good cops stand by and do nothing while 25 bad cops brutalize and murder, those so-called good cops are complicit and a bunch of spineless cowards for not stopping it or reporting it. One bad apple DOES spoil the entire bunch.
Police officers should be held to a higher standard and held accountable for criminal behavior.
Police unions should be held accountable.
City governments should be held accountable.
Before you talk shit about journalists and the media, you should know that I majored in Mass Communication/Journalism (Phillips University) and Applied Communication (at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs) and have had over 200 paid pieces published in print and online over the last 23 years. I am a professional writer, a multi-published author, and a former print newspaper reporter who has many honorable and talented friends who work as journalists and in the media.
Journalists do the thankless and difficult job of upholding and defending the 1st Amendment right of FREEDOM OF THE PRESS. I guarantee I know more about what these people do than you ever will. If you're okay with police attacking journalists and shooting them with rubber bullets EVEN WHEN THEY'RE IN THE DESIGNATED MEDIA AREA, then you've got a bankrupt sense of decency. FREE countries have a FREE press, and the last I checked, America is still a democracy.
Don't go down these roads with me or you will regret it, because I will not hesitate to call you out on your racist, uneducated and/or ignorant bullshit. I don't care if you are family or not. You are wrong and I will not coddle you or excuse your outrageous, reprehensible viewpoints.
Try being a better person and NOT a proponent of racism, police brutality, fascism, xenophobia, misogyny, and homophobia? How about THAT?!
I've always been outspoken and unafraid to say the things that most people are fearful of bringing to light. I don't foresee that changing in the future.
If you don't like me, that's fine. Unlikely my life will be any different without you in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment